Tuesday 31 January 2012

Filmfare Awards!

It is that time of the year and I am all excited about what we are going to see on the red carpet. Our stars will get to shine on this nite. Though I love the saree it is nice to see the younger heroines wearing couture gowns and working the red carpet in Louboutin heels. Out of my best 3 not suprisingly, two were wearing sarees. First was Shonali Bendre, she won hands down for best dressed, she wore a stunning saree and an interesting blouse and carried it off with elan. I think the younger actresses can take a leaf out of her book! next would be the Kapoor sisters, both Karishma and Kareena were a treat to the eyes. Everytime Karishma is around, Kareena has a very loving expression on her face which makes her so much more prettier. Finally it will have to be Adhuna Akthar for going completely the opposite direction and wearing a man suit and making it work totally. She was the perfect example on how to carry off androgyny without losing your femininity.

Worth mentioning is Sophie Chaudry for her figure hugging sexy ensemble. Manasvi Mamgai for her bold frock in a weird color, she sure stood out if that was her idea. Vidya Balan looked lovely as predicted in a silk saree. Madhuri was her beautiful self with hubby in a saree. I wish Deepika would wear a long gown for a change, I am a little tired of seeing her in a saree all the time. And not worth mentioning is Priyanka Chopra. What was she trying to hide in that loose grecian inspired outfit? she has a beautiful bod, I say show it!

Who got the awards finally? oh, I don't know I am only interested in the red carpet, who cares who won?!

No comments: