Monday 9 January 2012

Fashion Forward

And so it goes... some days is crazy fun, some days it is crazy busy and some days it is just plain crazy at Work! Today was all of the above and much more at Crimson house. Wedding gown fittings, designing, style assessments, and on and on...But loving every minute of it. You know what they say ( whoever they are;-)) When you wake up every morning, you should be excited to go to work or at least not feeling depressed to get outta  bed and finding mundane excuses to miss work. Well, that is not the case with me. I feel guilty when I don't go to work! I must absolutely love what I am doing or I am an alien! I think it is the former in my case, though sometimes I do feel alien! My friends would surely say the latter:-)
The hardest customers I find are the Brides or worse their families! Very hard to satisfy a bride who doesn't know what she wants. I gave about a 100 different ideas but she still wasn't sure. Well, can't really blame them as it is the day every girl dreams of and when it is finally there you are so confused with the choices. Come to think of it, maybe I gave too many choices? But some of them come knowing exactly what they want and that makes my job a lot easier. They tell me what they want, I sketch and they are pleased. We are done! It is that simple, well sometimes but not always, though I would like it to be more often than not.
I look at all the Brides to be and see the excitement, nervousness and apprehension and feel sorry for the poor souls who will be married soon and they have no idea what is in store for them!!

No comments: